Since the industrial revolution, the world has gone though a major development frenzy leading to the introduction of a vast number of products and services that we enjoy today. As the number of products, ideas and concepts have increased, so has is the need to inform and convince others of their benefits and applications to personal and professional lives. Sales skills therefore have become a vital part of any successful business and organization. The sophisticated sales industry active today has introduced new selling philosophies and pioneered modern techniques and sales methodologies.
Whether you are directly involved in sales as a salesperson, or are in the production of these products or services, knowing how to sell is an incredibly useful skill. This comprehensive course, introduces traditional (influence-based) and modern (facilitative and consultative based) selling techniques and prepares the delegates for a variety of sales environments from retail and customer facing selling to sophisticated business-to-business trade involving large projects.
Psychology is one of the main components of this course. There is an emphasis on customer loyalty which is responsible for most sales and long term profitability of any business. As a salesperson you need to take specific steps (relying heavily on many psychological aspects) to create a loyal customer that keeps coming back to you time and again.
This course contains effective exercises, roleplays, and guidelines to help participants master sales skills and start applying their newly acquired knowledge to their professional lives straight away. Bite sized group exercises are also provided that focus on specific concepts. These are then followed by more comprehensive sales exercises that help the delegates to put a series of smaller skills into practice and learn how to approach sale events as a whole.
In this day-long highly practical course delegates will learn:
Why People Buy?
- What are sales myths?
- What attitudes work best to make the most conversations?
- What is the relationship between sales and marketing?
- What makes people accept a salesperson’s offer?
What Framework Should You Follow When Selling?
- What are the historical approaches to selling?
- What steps should you follow explicitly to get results?
- How to close a deal with ease
What Strategies Should You Follow?
- How to overcome objections
- How to produce a convincing presentation
- How to prepare for a sales activity and what should you pay attention to before attending a sales meeting to increase your chances of success
- How to be an ethical salesperson
- What are the historical sales strategies and how have they progressed through time?
What is The Best Way to Structure Your Sales Pitch?
- What formula works best?
- How to create a loyal customer by delivering a pitch directly targeted at them
- How to respond to a customer’s needs
How to Use Modern Approaches of Selling?
- What are the best strategies to use in business-to-business sales activities?
- How to establish rapport and gain the trust of the customer
- What are the differences between modern and traditional sales techniques and how can you take advantage of these new trends?
- How does a successful salesperson cope with changes in modern trading?
How to Present Yourself Optimally Using Psychology?
- How does first impression work and how to take advantage of it?
- How to read the body language of a customer and use your own body language to emphasize key points
- How to improve your listening skills
- How to appear more confident